You are welcome to drive snowmobiles on the marked snowmobile trail from Tännäs and all the way to Idre. Snowmobiles are also permitted on ice on Lake Hävlingen, on the Swedish side of Lake Grövelsjön, and to access fishing sites on Lake Bredåsjön and on Lake Rogen, south-east of the snowmobile trail.
North of Mount Nipfjället, there is also a snowmobile trail into Gränslandet to Stora Harundsjön.
In other parts of Gränslandet snowmobiles are not permitted.
- that snowmobiles can be seen and heard!
- to slow down and keep well away if you see a reindeer herd.
- that you must always give way to skiers, walkers, riders and dog teams – even on marked snowmobile trails.
- that it’s a breach of the law to disturb or follow game.
- that driving on ice is always at your own risk, even if “ruskor” (branches with twigs at the end) have been placed out as markings.
- that it’s only permitted to drive on snow-covered ground. The trails close at the latest by the end April, or earlier if there is too little snow. In Långfjället Nature Reserve the trails are open until the first Sunday in May.